The Law on Health and Safety in the Workplace (89(I)/1996) and the Regulations 158/2021 and 238/2021 (Appendix III) require that Safety Representatives must receive the minimum training as stated in Appendix III.
The program is suitable for:
- personnel appointed or elected as employees’ safety representatives.
- employees assigned with the promotion and/or coordination of Safety and Health at work
Objectives of the Program
After completing the program, the trainees will be able to:
- Enumerate and articulate the main provisions of occupational safety and health legislation including provisions for the management of occupational safety and health matters.
- To describe the function and responsibilities of safety committees.
- List and understand at a basic level the main occupational health and safety hazards.
- Describe the process and steps of a risk assessment and their importance.
- Classify risks by severity.
- Understand the importance of measures taken to reduce the likelihood of an accident and/or the consequences.
- Apply the hierarchy approach with which protection measures are taken at a collective and/or individual level.
- Identify/verify the application of the basic principles of safety and health in their workplace.
- Actively participate in occupational health and safety committees.
- Communicate effectively with staff and encourage the submission of suggestions on safety and health issues.
- To actively promote the culture of safety and health at work.
As a prerequisite for the participation in the program is the registration of the Company/Employer as well as the participant on the “ERMIS” digital portal of (ANAD).
You can register for the program through the link https://ermis.anad.org.cy / No. Program #261190